With the increase in the price of properties in the capital city, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Delhi has already started 15 housing projects which comprise of essential facilities like water supply, security, electricity and recreation grounds. The price of these apartments begins from Rs.12.80 lakh.
PMAY registration can be done both online and offline. To apply online, one needs to visit the official PMAY website and fill up the necessary details. On entering the Aadhaar card number, an application form with personal information needs to be filled. Finally, an application number is provided to the applicant.
For offline registration, one can visit any PMAYG listed financial institution; he/she should carry their source of income proof. As soon as the approval is received, one can start to choose a property and finalise the deal.
- Senior citizens and specially-abled people can access the ground floor flats.
- The houses are built using environment-friendly substances and sustainable technology.
- The Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) is a component of PMAY that offers subsidised home loans. The CLSS is also provided for housing loans availed to meet the cost of constructing new rooms, toilets, kitchens, etc. to existing dwellings.
- For Middle Income Group (MIG) families, the interest subsidy is provided on housing loans for acquisition/construction of houses.
- For individuals who belong to Lower Income Group (LIG), the interest allowance for them is for acquisition and construction of the house.
As for first time buyers, individuals must know what Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Delhi offers before investing in a property.